.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, March 22, 2006

To photoshop or not to photoshop.... 

As you may already know, Photoshop is the name of a powerful image editing application. Photoshop allows you to touch up old photos. It also lets you blot out the occasional zit or make Grandma look young again (Look! No gray!)
But photoshop is also a verb. And it's become one of my favorite pasttimes, of late.
It all started when I had some spare time to make frequent visits to Fark.com. Each day this web site posts a number of informal contests giving insane people, like me, the opportunity to photoshop a picture. In this case, the goal is to photoshop it into something funny (often crude) or artistic. Or both.
Some photoshoppers actually use Photoshop to edit the image. Others might use Fireworks or even Power Point. Some edits are poorly done while others have a professional look to them. The challenge is to get the altered image posted quickly so it has the opportunity to garner more votes.
Now that I've begun to photoshop for pleasure (and to learn how to use the software) I've stopped posting to Fark. A friend at work showed me a picture of one of his friends that he was was altering and shared the source pic with me. That got me started. Where will it stop? No one knows.
Here's that source picture of my "friend of a friend."

Once I had this image, I could start playing with it.
Here's my first attempt at being hilarious. The victim in this shot is my friend.
Notice how little I altered the images. I simply found an environment to put them into and added some props.
Here, I was getting seriously silly. But it was hard work. I had to reproduce part of his jeans so I could extend them and add the boots. Worked okay. So I decided to do another one with boots that seemed a bit more fitting.
I'm exercising my creativity muscles. It's all great fun.
But don't think I stoppped there. I've been continuing to hone my skills and challenge myself to see what else I can do.
So come on back, soon, for more wackiness.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:
While you read this, YOU start to BECOME aware of your surroundings, CERTIAN things that you were not aware of such as the temperature of the room, and sounds may make YOU realize you WANT a real college degree.

Call this number now, (413) 208-3069

Get an unexplained feeling of joy, Make it last longer by getting your COLLEGE DEGREE. Just as sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow, these College Degree's come complete with transcripts, and are VERIFIABLE.

You know THAT Corporate America takes advantage of loopholes in the system. ITS now YOUR turn to take advantage of this specific opportunity, Take a second, Get a BETTER FEELING of joy and a better future BY CALLING this number 24 hours a day.
(413) 208-3069
 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?