.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>


Saturday, December 31, 2005

Ah... to be a kid again... 

Sometimes I really miss being a kid. Sure, I still watch cartoons and act silly. But way too often, the dishes are screaming for me and the bathroom is in great need of assistance.
So little time is left for just having a bit o' fun.
I'll leave work, this morning, at about 6:30 AM. I'll arrive home at 7:00 and, if Alex is up, I'll offer to put together a bowl of cereal for her or get her something else simple for breakfast. "No. Not French toast, dear. I'm way too tired for that."
Then I'll strip off my clothing as I head down the hall to my room. I'll be nekkid by the time I get there. Terrible T will be snoring gleefully as I pull on a T-shirt and slide under the covers.
If I'm lucky, I'll be asleep within a half an hour or so.
If I'm lucky, the kids won't argue after Terrible T goes to work and I'll remain asleep despite the TV turned up to 20 and sunlight pushing in past the curtains.
At 2:00 PM, the alarm clock will rudely awaken me. After my coffee and a breaking of my 10 hour fast I'll probably have to clean the kitchen mess and the bathroom. I'll yell at the kids for leaving the living room a mess, too, and spend way too much time cleaning that up. I'll get one or two calls from Terrible T giving orders and telling me what to start preparing for dinner, since we are having New Years Eve guests.
And the kids will complain because I never have the time... no... I never make the time to play with them.

I keep trying to make Friday night "Game Night" but it rarely works out. We played a few rounds of Whoonu last night, but then I had to leave for work. We have a number of games we've never even taken out of the boxes.

Am I a bad father? Or would I just prefer to play, once in a while?



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?