.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, February 24, 2005

I guess now I HAVE to read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 

I'd been putting it off for years. The book, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is now considered a classic that's influnced many witers. Now I guess I have to read it.
People I look up to seem to think that it's a sorry shame that Hunter S. Thompson has put a bullet in his head.

My friend Kevin likes to write. Sometimes he does a great job of it. Is he trying to be a crossbreed of HST and William S. Burroughs? (Does he have some "thing" for writers with the middle initial S?)
Wil Wheaton writes (and has even sold a few books). He says that HST was "...one of the people who made me want to be a writer..."
Terrible T seems to have no patience (nor remorse) for anyone who's abused drugs, though she realizes that HST's past drug use may not be connected to his death in any way.
Me? I can't make any judgements until I pay my dues and read something he's written. I try not to judge an artist by his past personal behavior.

Belushi made me laugh.
Michael Jackson made me wanna dance. (Okay. I admit it. Way back when, I almost bought a copy of Thriller.)
I even kinda liked Elvis. Uh-huh.

Anyone have a copy I can borrow??



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?