.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>


Monday, July 12, 2004

Mango-Mania 

A few times a year, my family goes down south to visit Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden. We even purchased a membership to the grdens to support them and my son's interest in botany.
This past weekend, they held their annual Internalional Mango Festival. Meaning: Mango ice cream, mango candies, mango freezes, a mango auction, etc. It's always fun to visit the gardens, but it was hot as hell and we could only stand it for a couple of hours.
A highlight at Fairchild is "Windows to the Tropics". Spend a few minutes there and you can almost make believe you're stranded in some tropical heaven.
I brought my digital camera and got a nice shot of this orchid. The more I look at it, the more it looks like some intergalactic alien. I think I'll "paint" some eyes on it.




Today is International Town Criers Day



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?