.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, April 22, 2004

Marcisms 

When Marc was about four years old, he'd talk about anything! (He still does.) We heard about his dreams, his feelings about TV shows, and his never-ending quest for the answers to all of life's unanswerable questions. The result was something like Art Linkletter's, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." We called them, "Marcisms." Alex says some darndest things, too, though not with Marc's frequency, when he was her age.
Tanya and I decided to record these quotes, as best we could. Since we were not always in a position to stop what we were doing to write down what he was saying, verbatim, we had to go from memory. Sometimes I'd add a little comment, after-the-fact. So keep in mind that these quotes are not so much exact quotes as they are "based on real events".
As you've undoubtedly noticed, I'm not very consistent about adding material to this weblog. Third Shift'll do that to a guy. So... when my mind is so numb that I can think of little to say, I'll post one or two of these little gems from our family's past. Let's start with one of Marc's earliest Marcisms:

The ghost and the Pie
Once I had a dream where we met a friendly ghost and he gave us some pie.
It was peanut butter pie. And then he gave us wine.
That was it.

To this day, I still wonder why a four year old would dream about wine and pie. I mean, it sounds good to me, but to a little kid????



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?