.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>


Friday, April 23, 2004

Eternal Sunshine 

I love movies. I always have. I'm the type of guy who goes just for the sake of going. I mean, I sat through all of Jean Claude Van Damme as a "Cyborg".
It's not that I can't tell good movies from really bad ones. It's just that I like the bad ones, too.
Within the past few years, though, I've seen a number of really really good movies. Movies that challenge your mind and your bladder (if you're bad that way, like I am). Movies that surprise you by making you wonder, "who the hell thought this shit up??"
In particular, I've enjoyed:"Being John Malkovich," "Adaptation," "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," and the new movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
They all have one thing in common: They were all written by Charlie Kaufman.
If there's one thing you can expect from a Kaufman movie, it's that it's likely to be a bit weird. These are some of the most original ideas I've ever seen on screen. He even injects new life into the works of others. See "Adaptation" for the whole story.
So try and take some time to see Eternal Sunshine. Go when you're in the mood to pay attention to the motion picture experience. It's not very difficult, and it's well worth the effort.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?